Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 78: A few things on my mind

Its been a few days since I last blogged. So let me just say that this hotel, although it is nice, is not like the first stay I had during my New Hire Training. It is just a nice room. No kitchen. No microwave. No mini-fridge. So what else does that mean? No Smart Ones. No cold snacks. Etc... But I will make do with what I can.

So tonight, Biggest Loser made me tear up again. The girl who was the biggest at the start of the show went home today. She lost 92 lbs in 14 weeks. And before she even started she lost over 100 lbs. Her total weight lost when she left the Biggest Loser Ranch was 204 lbs. She was still at about 230 lbs when she went home, and went on to lose an additional 20. Who knows what she will be by the finale, but I can only imagine. I am excited for her. And I am taking to heart the words of wisdom she gave at the end of the show. She said that those of us watching at home don't need to be there to lose weight. We just have to trust the process. If we do the things necessary to be healthy, even though it may seem to take a snail's pace, slowly but surely we will get there. Eventually we will whittle away the pounds.

I think I have always struggled with trusting the process. After a few bad weighins or a few slip ups, in the past I have always tended to give up. But thanks to this blog, and all of you, my mindset has changed. I do trust the process. And I know that if this girl who started at home weighing over 430 lbs can now weigh 210 lbs (and over half of that was lost at home!), then I can do it. I can trust the process and I know that it does work.

Okay, aside from that renewed sense of motivation....there is another thing on my mind.

Water.

I am realizing that I am still not getting enough water in. I stay thirsty and then at night I feel like I have been walking a desert for days. Then I can't gulp down enough water before bed. How do I remind myself to drink? At work its near impossible to slip away to grab a drink unless its lunch time. Hmm... Any tips? Its not the flavor of water, because I am okay with just plain, ice cold water...I just can't seem to get enough in each day.


-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

2 comments:

  1. I used to have difficulty getting in enough water every day. Like I got NONE. I just couldn't remember to drink it. I know that sounds stupid but it's true.
    So I went to the sporting goods store and got myself a 1 liter insulated water bottle. It goes everywhere with me. And I know that I need to drink 2 of them to get my daily water intake. Easy-peasy! It's so refreshing and hydrating that I usually end up filling it up a 3rd time lol.
    Anyway, I hope that helps you. And stay strong at the hotel. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Biggest Loser!! I can't believe she is off the show now, but I am sure that she will be able to do a great job at her house. The good amount of water for the day is 64oz. It is hard getting all of that down in one day....at least it is for me. There are some flavor packs you can put in the water to make it taste better too.

    ReplyDelete