Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 10: Can I get a snow day?

We went to bed last night with a lot of snowing coming down. It came down pretty quickly and was a wetter snow than normal. This made for rough road conditions (I know because I had to come home from work in it!) and I saw on the news that people were stranded for hours in the snow. How horrid! I am very thankful that my job is only a few miles away. Of course that being said, I had no excuse this morning when I woke up and realized that I still had to go to work. This was NOT good ole SC and that, yes, people still reported to work on days that it snowed. To top it off, Bella's daycare was closed and her and the Husby had to stay home. JEALOUS!

I am going to look on the bright side of things though. I know that staying home with my 2 loves would have been wonderful. But I am basically a "newborn" to WW and I do not know if I would have been disciplined enough to stay home and not pig out. You know the feeling you get when you are stuck at home and its either cold or rainy out? How you just want to curl up, watch a movie, and pig out....I definitely didn't need to test myself. So off to work I went!

Now, the store was kinda slow today and I worked a mid shift. I don't think mid shifts are going to be my favorite...I started at 11 and worked till 7:30. I had a late breakfast/lunch/dinner. I know I will get used to it eventually but it throws me off some. I look at the clock and think "lunch" but I actually had to wait another 2 hours. I did manage to squeeze in 2 snacks today. I had too. My body wasn't accustomed to the skewed meal times.

I did learn that the people I work with love to eat. And sadly, it doesn't seem like too many of them care about eating healthy. Every time I walk into that break room I smell all the tempting take out. Today there was 2 different deliveries of pizza, and a bunch of take out from Denny's. And honestly the Denny's is what made my mouth water...I love breakfast foods. (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, biscuits). I could eat it for every meal and be happy. Of course when all the salt, cheese, and butter get added in, I would be happy and FATTER. But I digress. The food smelled and looked wonderful but I am still focused on my ultimate goal.

Today for dinner, I picked up Applebee's Carside ToGo. I have a friend "TH" that is doing WW as well and mentioned the WW Steak and Potato Salad (worth only 9 points). I ordered that and let me tell you something. That thing was AMAZING. It is steak strips, potatoes, boiled egg, onions, peppers, a ton of spinach, and a horseradishy spicy dressing. I ate the entire thing and loved every bite. I highly recommend it. It felt great eating restaurant food and knowing that I could eat it, track the points, and enjoy it! Thanks "TH" for the tip. I am pretty excited to find other top quality restaurant foods.

Oh and I couldn't help but weigh myself today. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the results so far. I am not going to spoil the results because that will be the topic for Sunday's blog. But I just want to say that I am really seeing what WW is all about. It is easy to follow, non restrictive, and it works!

Tomorrow I work the close shift (12:45-9:15). I plan on eating an early breakfast and a big lunch before I go in. That way I can eat a SmartOnes for dinner (with maybe a soup and an apple) and come home to maybe eat a small snack if necessary. Although most likely I will just go straight to sleep. I also plan on squeezing in a work out in the morning. Keep me in your thoughts and share me with your friends...there is a handy little "share" button that makes it easy. LOL.

Until tomorrow!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy of Bust*

No comments:

Post a Comment