Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day Six: A Double Dose of Firsts

Today was the first official day of my new job AND simultaneously the first day of my Weight Watchers plan. This morning I started portioning out the food I had preplanned out last night. As I was eating my breakfast, I realized that this was a lot of food! I was so full before I could even eat my banana. So I packed the banana in my lunch bag along with my SmartOne and 70 calorie soup. I threw in a couple of Chewy Granola bars for snacks and off I went.

My morning went well, but being on my feet for so long was a big change. At about 1pm, right when my stomach started to growl, I took my lunch. It felt good to get off my feet! I purchased a bottle of water (because I walked out of the apartment without one...oops) and warmed up my lunch. A couple of people in the break room remarked at how healthy I was eating and it made me feel good. My lunch was tasty and filling! I drank as much water as I could, but honestly I need to make it a point to drink more. Its not going to be so easy during the work day. I may have to drink about 2 glasses before work, during lunch, when I get home, and again before bed...Its the only way I can see getting in that much water.

After lunch, I found myself glancing at the clock A LOT. But not because I was hungry or craving food, but because it was Sunday afternoon and nobody was coming into the store. (My coworkers said it was because of the football games that were on). Finally at 6:15 I got to come home! I was starting to get hungry (Its hard to squeeze in snacks at work too). When I got home my husband had cooked Lasagna and steamed some broccoli. He portioned out my food for me (which as silly as it sounds I am very grateful he did because I know I would have over served). So I ate my food and it was all very delicious. I was sad there wasn't more broccoli! And you know what? I didn't even put any butter or cheese on it! Just the little bit of salt and pepper that the Husby cooked it with. MMMMMmmmmm.

I have been relaxing the remainder of this evening, but after I inputted my points on the WW website I realized I still had 9 points left! So I at a 100 cal popcorn and a chewy bar. Now I am fully satisfied for the day, and with 3 points to spare! I would have used up my points for the day but I skipped my coffee and creamer this morning. I WILL be drinking that in the morning!

The only thing about today is that I did not get any exercise in. I have to admit, its a lot easier to eat correctly than to add some exercise in. Tomorrow, I am going to drag the gazelle out of the closet and work out once I am off work. All in all I am going to call today a success. It was a good day at work and with the diet. I am full, and happy! Now I am going to drink some more H20!!!

PS...I still count standing for 8 hours as some sort of physical activity, seeing as thought that hasn't happened in years!

Hope this seemingly boring post entertained you a little. Share me with your friends! Leave me some love.

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a first successful day! Keep up the great work. We are all pulling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'll be keeping track of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing all day is actually pretty good for you:

    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/stand-up-while-you-read-this/

    ReplyDelete