Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Seven: Wow, a week of Blogging!

I can't believe it has been a full week of blogging. Time is going by faster than I thought it would. Now while I have been blogging for a week, I have only been doing WW for 2 days. Yesterday went very well and I was so sure that today would be awful. I mean, you know how day 1 you are so pumped to do right and then comes day 2 and your steam has somewhat slowed down? That is what I pictured for today. Boy was I wrong!!!

Today I started work an hour earlier than yesterday, which means I was up and getting ready an hour earlier as well. So, I managed to squeeze in my cereal and turkey&toast (and coffee) between getting ready for work. (Big props to the Husby for helping me with the little one). I got to work and after about 2 hours I started to think about food. And not because I was hungry, but rather because the store was so empty and we were standing around for a bit. Luckily, (for both me and the store) business picked up. Before I knew it it was almost 2pm and I hadn't taken lunch yet! I clocked out and warmed up my SmartOnes and Soup.

Of course, as I sit in the rather small & cubicle like breakroom, an entourage of Chili's food comes filing in. It smelled so delicious and I watched as my coworkers pulled out club sandwiches and french fries, various creamy soups, and other fatty aromatic packed foods. I could feel my willpower being tested! But, I stayed strong and I dutifully ate my meal. I was full and satisfied (and left the breakroom as soon as I could!) I went back on the sales floor and continued the rest of my shift. My only real complaint of the work day? I have to get better shoes (still waiting on Crocs to resend a pair that was obviously stolen!). My feet are killing me...of course wearing wedges for 8 hrs (2 days in a row) will do that to you.

Tonight I baked some garlic herb chicken and the husby made some mashed cauliflower. It was so good and filling. I guzzled a little more water (ooh by the way, I need to drink some more), and kicked up my feet. Did I mention how much they hurt?! I calculated my points today and I still have about 10 left! And thats after having a half of a grape fruit and a bag of 100 cal popcorn. I am not miscalculating either, but it is due to the fact that I haven't been able to do midday snacks. I might make a quick smoothie and split it with the husby before bed.

I am off of work tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it. I know it is a great opportunity to work out, since my feet will be well rested by then. But I am so afraid that I will start to snack without realizing it. You know what I mean? I am going to focus really hard to only eat healthy options tomorrow so that even if I find myself snacking, it is not on anything bad for me. Wish me luck!

Oh and opinions please--- do you weigh yourself weekly? Daily? Every other day? I am one of those anxious weighers....

Until tomorrow! Share me with your friends! Tomorrow I will try to be a bit more interesting!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. No more than once a week! And always at the same time/with the same clothes on. It's one of WW top rules! I'll be honest - I weigh every Monday, fully neekid, right before I shower in the mornings. Keep in mind, you can fluctuate from day to day. So, if you weight every day or even every other day, you'll drive yourself nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Hubby, who has been an avid weight-lifter for years and is in fantastic shape, says to weigh yourself once a day. He's gotten that info from various workout books and research through the years. Weigh yourself at the same time everyday, (usually in the mornings), fully nude and before you eat.
    Yes your weight may fluctuate, but you can keep better track of it if you start to go askew and figure out faster what's going on. BUT, you do whatever you're most comfortable with! :)
    And good for you for not trying to sneak your friends french fries! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always weighed my self once a week at the meetings when I did weigh ins and checked in. I agree that its good to do it about the same time and either naked or with the same cloths on.

    ReplyDelete