Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 12/13: My first Weigh In

So yesterday as a family, we went to a late lunch (early dinner?) at Panera. I knew my first weigh in was in the morning so I didn't want to over do it. I ordered a Greek salad and a bowl of the Vegetarian Black Bean soup. No meat, which normally wouldn't hold me, but the protein in the soup was plenty. Anyways, my food was so yummy and I am now interested in making my own healthy black bean soup at home. (If you have a recipe please share!)

After our meal, we did our groceries. We decided to shop at 2 stores. Target for the majority of things (Cheaper) and then Giant for our meats and produce (better selection). I am proud to say that we only bought healthy items (2nd week in a row) and with coupons and sales, we saved $30. Not bad since we noticed our grocery bill is slightly higher now that we are eating right. But its worth it!

Anyways, we watched 2 movies last night and I was on my way to dream land before I realized I didn't blog....So this is a joint day 12 and day 13 blog.

And on to the good stuff. Day 13: Weigh In Day.
As soon as I woke up this morning I jumped out of bed! (never happens!) But I was eager to see my results. This week has been relatively easy, which I am glad. Don't get me wrong, its had its moments and I've had mine but all in all, I survived and feel great. I stepped on the scale and closed my eyes. Once I was sure the digital display was showing my new weight I looked down.
I couldn't believe my eyes! I was down 8.2lbs! I had to use the calculator on my phone just to be sure I was reading it right! I am so excited! Now, I have done diets before, remember--so I know that week 1 generally gives you a big loss (and sometimes weeks 2-3 do too). But I am excited nonetheless. Almost 2 years ago when I first attempted Jenny Craig, I lost 7lbs in my first week. And that was after shelling out a bunch of money. With WW I haven't had to pay any expensive prices for my food or for the program. Its all been reasonable ($17/mon plus whatever I buy at the grocery store).

I have a new found focus and motivation! I am excited for this upcoming week. I am determined to do just as great (not saying I expect to lose another 8lbs in a week because I don't, but I expect to eat right and exercise and resist temptations). I am ready to build upon those 8lbs and hope to lose another 2-3. That is this weeks goal. And to find new healthy recipes that are low in points!

Thanks for sharing in my 1st weigh in. If you are enjoying this blog, share me with your friends, or leave me some love! Until tomorrow!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! SUPER DUPER YAY!
    I love that you gave a vegetarian meal a try too! It's good stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Lizzy!! Hope you have another great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats great ,and yes you spend more when you eat better but its worth it and cheaper then a doctors bill. keep it up that great ,love ya .Hope you have another great week and remember its hard at first but then you will see it will be easy .be strong and hang in their .

    ReplyDelete