Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 19: Good Idea...Bad Idea

I am exhausted! I had to work this morning after closing last night. Not fun. The day actually went by pretty fast. I was looking forward to dinner because I told the husby I wanted to go out. I have done really good with my diet and haven't really used any extra points. So tonight was a big splurge. We had Hibachi...It was so delicious (Good Idea). Bella had a lot of fun watching the guy cook (after her initial shock from the flame of fire lol). It was a nice family dinner, and we sat with 2 other families.

I let Bella share my rice, because 1) they give you waaay too much rice and B) the kids meals started at like $8.95 and that is just tooooo expensive in my opinion. I forget just how much food you get with Hibachi. I ordered Steak and Shrimp. Of course, all the yummy veggies came with it and soup and a salad...I ended up eating it all. BAD IDEA. My stomach had started to get used to healthy smaller portioned meals. From now on, I will set aside 1/2 my meal in a to go box before I start eating. It is a little hard to do with Japanese, because it comes in stages, but I will make it work somehow.

Tomorrow the husby and I are going to attempt to make some sort of healthy Game Day foods. I can't wait!

Oh and I think I am going to wait until Monday to weigh in, instead of tomorrow. I am not dumb. I had a big meal that had more sodium in it than I have had in a while. I am going to drink some extra water tomorrow to help flush out the sodium....

Until next time!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

2 comments:

  1. Getting a to go box at the beginning of the meal is a good idea. If not then split the food in half to begin with and only eat the one half. I did that the other day, we got spaghetti and they served a ton to I immediately split it in half and only ate the half. Plus I didn't have to cook dinner. Also when eating salads or anything with sauces try asking for them on a side dish so that way you can actually see how much of them you're eating. Keep up the good work, you'll do fine. Proud of you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titi Ely hit on great points! I try to get a to-go box at the beginning of a meal and put half in right at the start so I don't eat it.
    My tummy has gotten used to the smaller portions too and I just end up feeling sick if I over eat.
    Anyway, I think you are doing so great and I'm really proud of you!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete