Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 15: Flatbread Fail

What a day! This morning I hit the snooze, which I really didn't allot time for, so that left me scrambling 5 mins before I needed to leave the house with still about 20 mins of stuff to do. I gulped down a bowl of Special K and had my coffee brewing. I packed my lunch and got Bella dressed. I grabbed my lunch, my purse, my child, and ran out the door. As I got in my car I realized I left my coffee upstairs. *Sigh* I didn't have time to get Bella back out the car and run up the stairs to get my coffee (and no, I will never leave my child in the car even for a second)

I sent my husband a quick text telling him I left my coffee and drove off. After I dropped off Bella, I was walking back to my car when the husby pulled up. I was confused but when he rolled down his window he held out his hand. In his hand was my coffee. My heart skipped a beat :) I am a lucky lady. He told me he knew it was important to me (I measured out my creamer according to my WW points). I love that man!

Work was okay, still not officially taking customers because my ID number "does not exist". Along comes lunch time, which once again I am surrounded by take out. I pull out my steak and ranch flatbread SmartOnes. Its one of my favorites. Two minutes and forty fives seconds later I hear the *ding*. My lunch was done. I pulled out the food and as I did, the flatbread toppled towards me. I grabbed it the best I could, but my hand only caught the bread as it was upside down. All the steak and cheese fell flat on the unclean counter top. Ugh! So I salvaged the bread that I thankfully caught and ate it with my Campbells Soup at Hand. Not quite the lunch I had in mind. And then in come 5 coworkers with 5 bags of McDonalds and 5 large sweet teas. Thank the Lord for the will power I had. I finished up and walked out. I didn't really get hungry until I got home, thankfully.

Later, we were issued long sleeve shirts for iPhone day (2.10.11). Girls were fussing over Mediums and Larges. One even requested an Extra Small. I quietly requested an XL. Lord knows I wish I could have picked up a Large, but lets face it. Even if I was 20lbs lighter, I would still be blessed, uh, up top. Others were trying them on over their currents shirts, but I didn't dare. What if XL didn't fit? Or what if it did but not over my current shirt? Would I look like a crazy spastic person trying to get it off if it didn't fit? Ugh. I didn't dare try it on. So XL it is, and hopefully it fits. I haven't even tried it on from home yet. One day, I will fuss over the smaller sizes, but for know I will take comfort in knowing that my time is coming.

Thanks for listening to my rants today! If you enjoyed this share me with your buddies! Post me on your FB via the share link below. Comments welcome :)

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes comments such as Xs you just want to pinch a girls head off. I am very proud of you for resisting the temptations you had to face and your husband seems like a wonderful man. God has blessed you greatly and knows your heart and I believe in you.. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your hubby! And I'm really proud of you for not giving into temptation. It's reallyyyy hard, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your husband gave me watery eyes ,that was so sweet of him to do that ,hes so nice and helping you in this cause he knew how important it was for you ,and you needed that cup of coffee to get you going .no more pushing that snooze button for you ,lol and i'm proud that you walked away thats the way to do it .I at times when they have junk food at work i push it away to the end of the table and sit at the other end . and eat my yogurt and fruit that i have and it worked for me .just grabbing the xtra large shirt knowing that its the size you wear ,was proving your self that you have to stick to this and one day you will get the Med shirt and smile .keep up the good work .love ya and proud of you .now to fight again tomorrow you will realize as you stick to it it will get easier.

    ReplyDelete