Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 39: Pushy pushy!

A few things happened today. I went to Ross before work (I needed a bit of retail therapy!). I found a new purse (Kathy Van Zeeland) and some new shoes. I wish I could say the shoes were some fancy stilettos or some cute sandals....but unfortunately they were not. They were however a pair of Easy Spirit black dress shoes. Sadly, they were kind of old lady looking but they are super comfortable. After a full day's work my feet don't hurt nearly as much. Since I am not trying to impress people at work, I don't really care! I will wear my old lady-esque shoes and let my feet feel better.

After Ross, I stopped in at Subway to grab a quick sub. We haven't really done groceries since we went away for a few days. I ordered a 6-inch turkey on wheat. The lady behind the counter asked if I would like the 12-inch. I shook my head and said, "No thanks. Just the 6." The lady looked at me like I was crazy, "But the 12-inch is only $5!". Again, I shook my head and said, "Just the 6." After I told her all the veggies I wanted and ordered light vinegar and oil, she surprisingly looked at me and said, "No Mayo?!" UGH!!! NO I DO NOT WANT MAYO AND I DO NOT WANT A FOOTLONG SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people try to force the bad on you? I know that in some respects, the worker was just trying to be helpful, but when she kept acting like I was crazy for my choices I got irritated. Either way, I ate my sub and felt good about my choices.

I have a new found drive to start with the exercise again. Especially if these shoes help my hurting feet!!!

Hope your weekend finds you well! I work all day tomorrow (12 hours!), so I may or may not get to blog.

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

1 comment:

  1. Yay on the 2 lbs!! And you'll get back on the wagon. It was a hard week with Papas passing.
    And I know what you mean about pushy restaurant people. It's like they are trying to fatten us up. But good for you to sticking to your guns, (and not smacking her), LOL.
    Love you, you're doing so good! :)

    ReplyDelete