Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 23: Sweet and Jolly

So, last night I was unable to blog and after tonight it may be a few days before I can really sit down (without falling asleep) and blog. Tomorrow is iPhone Launch day at Verizon. We expect madness and pandemonium. It also means getting up extra early for work and working a split shift. (Opening and closing in one day) and then I will be closing on Friday (10pm) only to open on Saturday (6:30am). I am gonna be exhausted.

One good thing, is for our hard work and efforts, the company is providing us with lunches for the next few days. And yes, I decided I am going to partake in them. Tomorrow is sandwiches from Honeybaked Ham. I ordered the Turkey. Friday is Chick-fil-a and I ordered the Grilled Wrap with Low Fat Honey Mustard. And I think Saturday is a BBQ/Rib place called Famous Daves. Now, there isn't many healthy options for me to chose from (I mean they call it the Piglet meal LOL) but I am going to make sure to calculate everything into my points.

Oh and for those who don't know, I work for a company that provides Tech Support for VZW, well a sales rep from VZW (who is extremely sweet) said the other day to another coworker that she liked me (platonic-like, so get your minds out the guttah!) and that I was (and I quote) "sweet and jolly". She had to say jolly right???? I equate jolly with fat. Haha, I mean Santa is Jolly right? and what else? That's right...fat. hahaha. I crack myself up. Now I know the poor sweet lady didn't intend to call me fat because she later added that I was "always smiling and happy" but still.

Now, today I was also complimented on my appearance. A coworker said that I dress really nice and always have something well put together. In my mind I added "for a fat girl" on the end of that, but looking back I don't think that is what was intended. I think its just a defense mechanism I need to get over.... But all in all, I will gladly be the sweet, jolly, well dressed coworker. :)

Hope to talk to you all again soon. Pray for me tomorrow because I am sure my feet will hurt!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

6 comments:

  1. you so funny ,You will feel like that, but remember that you are loosing and people out there are nice ,to compliment and you already lost 10 pounds it could be showing you your self said you feet in some pants you haven't warned in a while ,right so maybe they telling the truth you starting to show and ,also you have a great personality and always get along with people .so give your self credit for that ,They were telling the truth and the word Jolly is used for funny too ,maybe thats what she meant ,so you keep doing what you doing and you will keep loosing and people will notice and compliment you more and more ,I had people say to me wow you lost a lot of weight ,and i know they want to say wow you was heavy for a while but finally lost it ,but i took it as compliment and kept loosing gave me more courage to stick to the change i made in eating and working out ,so keep it up and good for you for not getting tempted to eat out for lunch .lol i thought you had a jar of peanut butter in your locker ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was she an older coworker? I don't mean that "mean"... It's just that different generations use words differently. Kids now days say things are "sick" when I would say "cool."

    I remember being a teenager and I was one of the weirdo kids. A hip hop guy came up to me one day in the mall and said I was "phat"... I thought he meant "fat" and I got super offended... until he explained. LOL

    Anyway my point is, more than likely "fat" was the farthest thing from either of your coworkers minds when they commented you. You always look great and you're a beautiful woman. Keep up the great work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol she was younger but I know what you mean about words meaning different things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah everyone has different meanings for things they say honey. You are beautiful!! Good luck with all of the Verizon craziness...I know everyone has been waiting on the iphone to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizzy! I've not long started writing my own blog. I've really enjoyed reading yours this afternoon! Keep up the good work!

    http://thelightermomproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete