Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 47: Temptation at its finest!

Yesterday, all across the back room and break rooms at work there was a common theme. FRIED CHICKEN. When I get to work I see tons of coworkers demolishing chicken. I figured everyone who worked the open shift just decided to order a bunch of food for lunch.... No big deal.

Then around 5pm when I went to take my break, I walked in the break room and this is what I saw:




Apparently the company bought a bunch of Popeyes Chicken for everyone. So chicken was fair game. Along with mashed potatoes, gravy, mac and cheese, biscuits, and gallons of sweet tea.  And I am not gonna lie. I was tempted. Extremely. All I wanted was a wing. One juicy fried chicken wing. That's it... And I actually opened a box to look inside. (Bad I know!) But thankfully, one of the security guards (a different one from last time) encouraged me to stay strong. And just having him say something was all I needed. I resisted. I had to walk away in order to stay strong.

I came back later and warmed up my SmartOnes. This time I had the lasagna. After it was heated I placed it on a paper plate so I could feel like it was more home cooked rather than nuked. So as I am eating, coworkers start popping their heads in the break room. "Mmmm, that smells so good!" and "Wow I can smell that down the hallway, it smells great" etc etc. I actually felt a moment of pride --not because it was food I cooked--but because people were envious of my little meal when they had access to tons of deep fried goodness. Haha.

So I am pretty happy that I decided to resist the Popeyes! Also, I am proud to put this next picture up. Only because for the past few years I make it a point to pose a certain way in my pictures. That way would be facing forward with my arms up and around someone or on my hips to appear as thin as possible. Yesterday I was able to pose slightly turned, and I am happy with it. That might seem silly, but its small victories that help me go forward.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. looking very slimming keep it up and great job walking away ,it will get easier every time.be strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Well done for managing to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to give you HUGE KUDOS for resisting the chicken. I don't think I could have done it :)
    I am a new follower of yours and I am also trying to get healthy and lose weight by walking. I try and blog everyday about my walking but sometimes I stray off the subject once or twice LOL Come and visit if you would like!

    ReplyDelete