Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 49: Keeping the motivation going

I'm not going to lie, compliments feel awesome. When people notice a change, and comment on it--it feels great. When strangers (customers) tell me I have a pretty smile, it makes my day. When people I know tell me I am beautiful regardless of my size, it is wonderful!

But at the same time, its dangerous...Why, you might ask? Okay, well since I am vowing to be honest in this blog I will tell ya the truth. The compliments make it real easy to become complacent. I know its a great thing that I have lost 15lbs, but I have to remind myself that 15lbs is not my goal. I still want to lose at least another 50. AT LEAST. But honestly, it can be hard to continue and be motivated when I start to feel good about my looks. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am not at the end of my journey. I have so many goals that I want to meet. And I am determined to meet them soon. I hope to come home for Easter (home to SC) which is in roughly 7 weeks. I would love to lose another 15-20lbs before then. ( I know that is a big goal, but I gotta reach high). And I hope that sometime this year the HHS c/o 2001 will have a 10 yr reunion and I would love to be smaller for that (plus my husband's reunion is in the fall).

So I have to stay focused and motivated. This weekend I wasn't the best WW participant that I could have been. But I am not going to beat myself up. I did great today and resisted the urge to pick up Mexican for dinner on the way home. My baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and stir fry veggies tasted much better!

I am not saying that I hope I don't hear the compliments anymore, I just need to retrain my brain to think "see how good you are doing, well keep it up" and not "I'm doing great so I can cheat some". I am thankful for all the compliments and comments. I am humbled by the fact that so many of you are telling me what an inspiration I am being. And I want to let you all know how much those words of encouragement mean to me! You INSPIRE me! Thank you!

PS: to my cousin "S"....BBB!!!!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. you are so good in focusing in whats important and you are so true in what you say ,I love reading these you keep me going to and being careful of what im eating .Reminding your self of all you are doing and the events to come are a great motivation thats great ,but Lizzy you know its great for our health too ,so glad you doing it for that too .and for you family .I love you and so proud of you keep it up you will reach your goal .

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes time to get bad habbits and time to gain the weight and time to reverse it all. Stay strong. You can do this, and when you feel low, blog it and we will all pick you up x

    ReplyDelete