Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 48: That's what she said!

Ever been around the kind of people that seem to only have one purpose in life? To bring you down? Yeah, me too. I hope I am never this type of person, and I do try to live by that old saying "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all". But apparently not everyone thinks that way.

Let me explain. The other day at work, a coworker made a comment about my SmartOnes. She picked up the box and said, "Do you eat these because you think they are healthy or because you like them?" I told her I like them and that I was on WW and it was easy to count the points. She continued to say how awful frozen meals were for people due to the sodium in them. I really didn't know how to take it. I don't know her very well and I just didn't have the words to say. I couldn't believe she would actually say that to me while I was eating it. But, that's what she said!

Part of me wanted to explain to her about the kind of eating I was doing before I started WW, and asked her if she knew the sodium content in that! I also wanted to make up for the fact that I ate frozen lunches, and tell her I ate a real breakfast and dinner. That SmartOnes were mere convenience for work. I wanted to tell her how mean and rude it is to tell someone that the effort they are making to live better and eat better is awful for them. I wanted to put my 15lb weight loss in her face and say I did it with the help of  frozen meals. But I didn't. I don't owe her anything. But I will tell you that words of discouragement make this even harder. I'm not down and out, just down.

So I am going to focus on the good things. The noticeables. You know, the things I have noticed that have changed or improved since I started WW. One is of course my weightloss. Other things include:
  • clothes fitting better
  • skin being clearer than ever
  • hair looking and acting healthier and fuller
  • stomach not sticking out as much
  • better moods
  • one of my chins is gone 
I have also noticed that since I can tell that my face is thinning out, I feel more and more comfortable looking natural. If you have ever been overweight, then maybe you understand this. The bigger I am, the more I think I only look pretty when I am dressed up to the max. Full makeup and carefully picked out outfits. As my face has thinned I feel more comfortable with a little powder, lip gloss, crazy curls, jeans and a tshirt. Its a great feeling.

I am not going to let what an uninformed coworker says affect me. Instead I will focus on the noticeables!

Goodnight all!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up, Lizzy. Baby steps will get you where you want to be and you'll be so proud to look back on your progress. It's all about health and happiness. I had to do the same thing some years back and it's amazing the people who get in your way or try to discourage you. Listen to your inner voice and don't even let them bother you. You will find your own route to the place you want to be. No one can tell you what or what not to do. You have to claim your own way to make it. I lost 60 lbs 5 years ago. need to lose more, but I'm comfortable and I'm good. I don't let magazines or people dictate what I am or not supposed to do. I support your effort 110%. You go girl! You're an inspiration to a lot of women. But just know, you are a beautiful girl... at any size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Lizzy dont listen to people they are so jealous ,shes so wrong and its ok to eat frozen lunches ones in a while for convenience especially if its working ,you are doing so great 15 pounds is so good.I love it keep it up girl and dont get discourage and like they said listen to your inner voice .I heard a lot of people tell me but thats not good just eating yogurt and fruit ,it was good for me and i lost weight ,lol so let it go and keep it up love you .

    ReplyDelete