Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 56: What do you do to pass time?

One of my biggest enemies is boredom. When I am sitting around doing nothing, I tend to get the urge to eat. It used to happen daily at my former job. I snacked all day long. Hence why I never had much success keeping weight off or losing weight. My current job keeps me busy, and I never snack. I only eat at my meal time. Its wonderful. Then on my days off, like today, its hard to not graze (for lack of a better term). My husband is at work during the day and Bella is at daycare...so I get bored. Even doing chores around the house I am bored. So I found myself snack today. Not on anything bad, because, well because we haven't bought any bad junk food in a long time!

My question to my readers tonight is this: what do you do to pass time (besides eat)?! Working out is a great option, but I am not exercising all day long....

Let me know!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

5 comments:

  1. Take up a hobby... Is there something you've always wanted to try, but haven't had the time to? Do it on your days off. I'm thinking of taking up knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that when you think you are hungry... most of the time you are just thirsty. So, drink lots of water! I agree with the hobby idea. Especially with a sweet little girl like Bella around, you could look into sewing or some other project that would benefit yourself and her (and maybe save some money down the road). Personally, I enjoy cleaning.. and there is always something that could stand to be cleaned around here (we have two large dogs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to stay busy but even when I'm at home I find myself wanting to snack..so one way for me to curb that desire to snack is to chew gum. I do it at work too so that I don't over eat or eat out of boredom. Also, doing things I don't normally have time to do, like try to organize pictures, takes up a lot of time and then I get so lost in what I'm doing I don't notice the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have time to be bored LOL but I do periodically get to a point when I don't want to do my work and then I get hungry. I find that hobbies make a difference especially the ones where you are using both of your hands.
    Jigsaw Puzzles are good to do, or x-stitch, knitting or sewing.
    I usually just turn to my DS and play my super Mario or go for a long walk!
    I like the organizing the pictures idea :) How about scrap booking?Maybe that is something that might interest you. You can get most everything you need at the dollar store or at thrift stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat 3 meals and 2 mini meals everyday... so I really don't have time to snack. I drink lots of water too, which makes me feel even when I am not. Go for a walk, get outside, clean, read my bible and pray, study... I don't know. Do you have a hobby or something you like to do?

    ReplyDelete