Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 71: Is it worth it, let me work it...

Today was my day off. Gratefully my dear husby took the little one to daycare so I didn't have to get out of bed right of way. I did get up and eat a bowl of Kix (kid tested, mother approved). Then I fell back asleep for an hour (hey! I worked the close shift last night, I was tired!) Around 10:45 I made myself get up. I got ready and headed to Curves. Granted it was later than I originally planned (so I missed the Zumba class) but I was happy to just be going. The past couple of months my exercise efforts have been less than routine.

If it is one thing that I am learning, is that consistency is key. How do I expect the weight to really come off and stay off if I can't even work out more than once a week? I have a beautiful cousin "M" who told me the other day about her weight loss success. She told me the two things that finally worked for her were working out 4-5 times a week and a food journal. Well I basically have the food journal down (thank you WW), so now I need to get the working out thing down. I plan on going W-F this week and then actually join.

When I got to Curves there was only 1 lady there, and she was an older lady. She was softly doing her circuit training. It would have been very easy to follow her rhythm. But I kept my focus. I worked out pretty hard and had a good sweat going. I felt like I really burned some calories. I am really happy to be back at Curves.

So I do plan on going to the Zumba classes, and continue 4-5 times a week at Curves. And some of the machines really work my glutes! Like this one:

Pretty soon my tush will be in tip top JLo condition! And not to brag, but I think its well on its way. Hahaha:

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

1 comment:

  1. Ya I def feel better after I work out. Im trying to do it 4x a week because its what works with my schedule right now. Set realistic goals for yourself! !!

    ReplyDelete