Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 62: What a difference!

I may not have a million dollar wardrobe or a lot of cash to buy a lot of name brands or high class labels...And I am okay with that. Thanks to my mom, I have some great stretch the dollar skills (and no, I am not calling my mama cheap! I just mean she knows how to take a little and make it a lot.) I love shopping for bargains. Ross, Burlington, Online Sales...CLEARANCE sections. Those are all music to my ears.

I am mentioning all this for a reason. It goes back to something my mom told me when I was pregnant. She told me just because I was getting bigger, it didn't mean I had to dress sloppy. And I agree. I agree for more than just when I was pregnant. And for more than just my weight. I know sometimes dressing in sweats and a tshirt might feel great, (and comfortable) but it can also disguise the real you.  Take a look at the pictures below. One is a picture I have posted before, (I think) but it is of my dressed cute. Not fancy, nothing designer, but just dressed right to fit my size. The other is me in sweats and my husband's old high school tshirt.  Big difference. AND I MEAN BIG (ba-doon-kish!)

I have a shape!

   
where did my shape go?




See how just wearing cute clothes, or rather clothes that actually fit, can make you look so much skinnier? I mean, don't get me wrong I am all for wearing sweats (but I reserve it for around the house, cleaning, and exercise).

Another side by side picture I want to show you has nothing to do with my journey to a skinnier and healthier me. but it does help me illustrate my point. Makeup. I love makeup. I know its not for everyone. And women are beautiful with it and without it. My makeup, for me, an finish off an already great look. I took a before and after this morning. I do not go heavy on makeup (at least I think I don't). But it does make me feel better and happier about my look.
tired to fab!
Anyways, my point is that just because we are overweight or tired and feeling a bit "blah", doesn't mean we can't take a few minor steps to go from Drab to Fab!!!

Thanks for reading! Take my new poll!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

2 comments:

  1. I love this is so true ,when you take the effort to make what you have look better it makes you feel better and encourage you to keep it up.I love what your mom taught you so true ,you have a great and wise mom .Keep it up Lizzy i see the results already and i;m glad you being strong .love you and miss you all .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I need to do better about fixing myself up... I'm just sooo lazy when it comes to that. And it doesn't help when ya have a Hubby that goes on about how hot ya are even when ur dressed bummy. I wish he'd tell me how crappy I look... then maybe I'd get motivated hahahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete