Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 51: The Evolution of Me.

Many times I look back and wonder, "where did this weight come from?" I mean, I know I just didn't wake up this size. So today I took a stroll through memory lane. I know I said I didn't want to live in the past, and I won't. But I think it will be interesting to see a time line of then to now and then from now to the new me. So this part will be skinny me to not skinny me. Then I will take pictures as I drop sizes, going from unhealthy me to healthy me.
First off is Age 14. I was most likely a size 5 in this picture:
Skinny arms, boney neck, little waist





Next picture, I am 15...and I remember thinking my stomach was sticking out in this picture and it was just the pose:
skinny arms and legs, head cut off
Next up is me age 15, well more like 15 1/2. I am in my 2nd beauty pageant and wearing a pretty body hugging dress. I felt sexy, I was a size 6. (Wearing my cousin "S" dress):
Hour glass shape!
This next picture is from my junior year of high school, I am just shy of being 16 I think I was officially in a size 6, but my waist was small so this dress is a 4 (since the waist is cinched and the skirt flowy):
For the sake of anonymity I changed my dates face...
This next picture is one, that looking back I could have smacked myself for. My mom took this pic of me because I wanted to see how I looked in my two piece. When we got the roll of film developed I was devastated. All I saw was fat, fat, and more fat. If you asked my mom, she would tell you how much I cried. Silly right? But of course this is after the boyfriend that told me I should "tone up". (from one of my first blog postings)
FLAT TUMMY



Next I am jumping to about age 18 (closer to 19 I think). I had gained my freshman 15ish...(20?)
still not big (except the booty)



Later that year, in the summer (age 19) I went on a beach trip with my church. I was clearly uncomfortable in my new size and I think my face shows it. I am probably a size 10 inching into a 12. I remember hating shopping for the swim suits because I was used to fitting into smalls and mediums, not larges. Looking back, of course I don't think I look terrible, but I just see lack of confidence in my body.
 
desperately sucking in my stomach.
Jump ahead to about age 21. I was married to my 1st husband and more confident in my body. I was in a 10/12 but I knew how to dress my body better and felt sexy and happy with my appearance. I would love to look this good again

The last picutre I am adding is me at about age 22. I am in between a size 12 and 14. I was going through my divorce at this time. Even though I have a little more belly here, its not terrible. I wish I had begun to control my weight gain at this point It would have been easier to start here:



Currently I am in an 18. The biggest I have ever been was a 22 (right after giving birth to my daughter). I have gone up and down between 16 & 18 for some time now.  Even after losing almost 40lbs with Jenny Craig I was barely out of a 16. I think its because I tend to gain weight evenly for the most part so losing it comes off the same way. Instead of losing a bunch in my stomach and going down in sizes quickly, its an even melt. Which I guess is good in the long run. Well hope this time line of pictures helps you see the evolution of me. I can't wait to post pics going in the opposite direction!

Have a great night!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in all those pictures!!
    Keep up the great work and I cant wait to go down a new memory lane with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. There is a common theme throughout all of these pictures, you are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete