Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 50: Real Women Have Curves

This is an early morning post, mostly because I have a topic on the brain but also because I have to close tonight and may be too tired to post tonight. So, like my title post says :real women have curves. Now let me post a disclaimer---I am not saying that women who weigh less than 100lbs and and are less than a size 6 have no curves and are not real women. I mean, that more often than not, the average woman is size 6 or greater.

On my blog for the past week I have had a poll up. The poll asked what size you were. There were 22 votes and here are the results:
The results? Most of the women who participated are in the size 12-14 range. Not 2-4, but 12-14. I know it is only a tiny sampling of women across the world, but I think its pretty realistic.

I personally want to be somewhere in the 10-14 size range, more on the 10/12 side of things. I still have some sizes to drop, but I never want to get to a size 6 or lower. I haven't been a size 6 since I was about 15 years old. Puberty had hit, but just barely---my curves had just started to make an appearance. I would say the perfect size for my body is again, a size 10. At a size 10, I had a booty, a relatively flat stomach, and a C/D cup. That is what I want again---some meat on my bones in all the right places. If you are currently making an effort to lose weight and get in shape, I ask you this: what is your ideal size and why?

Good Morning to all my followers! Have a Blessed Tuesday!

-with much hope and a lot of prayer

Lizzy
*Sexy or Bust*

6 comments:

  1. I will say that I am 5'2" and have never had boobs or a butt....when I was about 17 I thought that because I didnt' have curves, the only thing I had going for me was my super flat tummy and "smallness"...I actually almost became anorexic because I was so focused on being skinny at I didn't see myself in a real way....after I got delivered from my self conscious craziness I began gaining weight....not much weight, because i literally can't gain weight right and will never be the bodacious woman that I dreamed i would be (LOL) but becoming a size 3/4, after being like a double 0, was all it took and I noticed a change in how much I got hit on, how my husband looked at me, and the compliments were endless about me putting on some curves....I am kind of on the oppostie end of the spectrum in that I have often thought of how wonderful it must feel to look like a "real woman" but have become confident in myself knowing that if I attempt to eat right, excerise (including some major butt moves hahahah), and see myself like I'm beautiful, that's all that matters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Being comfortable in your own skin is the just as important as being healthy! We are beautiful women and we should love our bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently in the 10/12 (more 12) size. My goal is an 8/10. I just don't feel comfortable in my skin at the moment. I don't want to be super skinny, but I'd like to be where I was in college again. I'm slowly working on it. Down 2.6 this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a woman with a lot of curves I can honestly say I loved your post!
    I am trying to get healthy and lose weight but I am not interested in sizes. I used to be 112lbs and had to have a feeding tube because I couldn't eat due to medical reasons (not because I didn't want to my stomach wouldn't allow me to keep anything down)and I looked like a walking skeleton! I never want to be that thin again LOL but i would like to be a bit smaller :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Polls! Is it sad that I enjoy taking polls?

    ReplyDelete